Tanishq has not only revolutionized the way Indian women buy jewellery, it has also brought in a set of standards and ethical norms into the jewellery trade.
Tanishq is not an iconic brand marking big national social and economic transitions like Big Bazaar or Infosys. But it is a very noteworthy brand because it is one of the few Indian examples of valuable businesses built on the foundation of a "brand platform"; and because it has accomplished the herculean task of building trust for a high value item like jewellery, which is loaded with all kinds of cultural meaning, and prying loose the dominating grip of the traditional jeweler with great customer relationships spanning generations of a family. It is an example of how one brand with grit can reprogramme how customers have thought and bought for ages. It is also the only national jewellery retail chain in a country where so much jewellery is bought, worn and gifted by all sections of society.
The Tanishq brand has been built slowly over time, with great amounts of perseverance and that's why it is built to last. Its reputation for quality and trust has deep roots now and it has added aesthetic and design dimensions to its perceived core values. Tanishq is a very valuable brand, way beyond what its discounted cash flows based valuations will reveal because it is a springboard which enables it to evolve into many interesting variants and specialities such as a Tiffany, or high-end costume jewellery or the high-end gifting business.
TANISHQ IS A MEDIUM OF SELF EXPRESSION FOR TODAY'S DISCERNING INDIAN WOMAN, BHUVAN GAURAV HEAD OF MARKETING AT TANISHQ SAYS THIS WOMAN EPITOMISES THE PERSONALITY OF THE BRAND
- 1994: Was launched as a range of jewellery and jewellery watches for the European and American markets
- 1996: Unveiled a range of 18k diamond jewellery in Chennai, Mumbai and Bangalore.
- 2000: An advertising blitz on affordable jewellery is launched
- 2008: Tanishq wins four awards-'Retail Chain of the year'; '360 degrees Marketing Campaign of the Year'; 'TV Campaign of the Year' and 'Gold Vivaha Jewellery' award at the Retail Jeweller India Awards 2008
- 2010: Wins the "Award for Brand Leadership" in the Durables Category at the World Brand Congress 2010-Global Awards for Brand Excellence